Has anyone else been checking out the newest way to layout your home screen lately? It’s basically a spin-off of Windows Phone 7, where you have images that open up an app for you. I’ve gotta say, I’m loving it. The guys over at XDA Developers were nice enough to share how to set up your screen like the one above, and even gave us all the pics to make it look exactly the same. If you want to at least test out this new home screen concept, download the file below and follow the instructions.
Pic Downloads: Link
Dock Look (must have Launcher Pro):
You must have either Launcher Pro Plus or ADW Launcher, as well as Desktop Visualizer (free on android market). With Launcher Pro Plus you will also be able to configure the dock bar layout.
- The clock widget is called digital clock widget with the text being set to black.
- Set up your screen to have 5 rows in your Launcher of choice settings.
- For horizontal widgets, select the 4×1 Desktop Visualizer widget, load up your 3×1 pic, then resize it to 3×1 when you are putting it on the homescreen.
- Vertical widgets are simple. Just select the 1×2 widget
- For Launcher set-up, choose a custom dock background and select the one above.
- For the app drawer, just use a transparent image (hold down on the icon, then select change image). You can get a transparent icon here (just right-click to the top left of the screen, I promise you there is an image, it’s just transparent).
This is just a basic set-up. If you do like this, test out your creativity and make your own! check out the source below for tips and other image packs if your feeling up to it.
[via XDA Developers]